Govt Pronounces Immense Tax Exemptions for Electric Vehicles
Here is the good news, the federal government has permitted and announced immense tax exemptions for 4-wheeler electric vehicles in Pakistan. The news came through the Minister for Industries and Production, Hammad Azhar who tweeted the announcement
The minister shared the noticeable features of the EV policy for 4-wheelers, approved by federal cabinet, which are:
Features of Policy for Electric Vehicles
- Removal of Additional Customs Duty and AST on imports of EV cars
- Only 1% tax on import of EV parts for local manufacturers
- No Registration and annual renewal fee for EVs in Islamabad
- 1% sales tax for local made EVs up to 50kwh and light commercial vehicles up to 150 kwh.
- Only 1% Duty on import of charging equipment
- No Federal Excise Duty (FED) on Electric Vehicles
- Duty free import of plant and machinery for manufacturing of EVs.
- Last week, federal government finally approved the EV Policy for 4-Wheelers. The policy was approved during a meeting of the Economic Coordination Committee (ECC). It is pertinent to mention that the government has already approved the EV policy for 2-3 Wheelers and commercial vehicles.
Source Credits: www.Pakwheels.com